The exercise calls for possible retaliation for the shelling of Iran’s nuclear facilities
For the first time, the head of the Israeli Air Force (IAF) has a “Chariots of Fire” exercise.Massive strike in IranThe Times of Israel reported on Tuesday, citing sources.
The fourth and final week of the month-long exercise will begin on May 29 in the Mediterranean.
“In light of the growing uncertainty over Iran’s return to the 2015 nuclear deal, in the long stalled talks with the United States, the Israeli Defense Forces have stepped up efforts to prepare a credible military threat against Tehran’s nuclear facilities last year.The newspaper said.
According to the newspaper, a possible Israeli attack on Iran has posed a number of challenges for the IAF: it must find a way to shell Iran’s nuclear facilities, located deep underground, in order to bypass them somehow. “Increasingly sophisticatedIran’s air defense, and ready to retaliate against Iran and its allies.
“The upcoming drill is also expected to focus on preparation and response to such retaliation,The report said.
Almost all units of the Israeli Defense Forces take part in the ‘Chariot of Fire’ exercise. As reported by Israeli Channel 13 on Tuesday, during the Iran-attack simulation, US tankers will conduct mid-air refueling exercises of Israeli fighter jets.
Earlier in the day, Israeli Defense Minister Beni Gantz claimed that Iran “There are only a few weeks away from the accumulation of fissile material that would be enough for the first bomb“Iran continues to accumulate unchanging knowledge and experience in all aspects related to advanced centrifuges and its value,” he said.Addressing Iran’s challenges at the global or regional level”Is constantly growing.
Iran insists its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only.
Earlier, Iranian President Ibrahim Raisi warned Israel that its military would hit Tel Aviv “at the heart of the Zionist regime.”The smallest movementAgainst Iran.
Meanwhile, talks aimed at restoring the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), known as the Iran nuclear deal, have stalled. The agreement, signed by Iran and the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, Germany, China and the EU, called for lifting sanctions in exchange for halting Iran’s nuclear program. Former US President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew from the deal in 2018, claiming that Iran was violating its obligations.
After a year of negotiations in Vienna, an agreement was reached in February. However, Iran has demanded a guarantee from Washington that no future US president will withdraw from the new agreement and has asked the United States to remove Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps from its list of terrorist organizations. The United States has not responded to the requests.
“If the United States responds to some of the proposed solutions, we may be in a position to return all parties to Vienna.Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said on Monday.